We all know by now that being good in your industry is not enough, but it is a very good point to start with. Building a trustworthy and strong image is vital in a world where competition often comes down to the stakeholders` impression regarding your company. Your business`s image is a capital that you simply cannot ignore and that you need to build carefully, step by step.
Reputation management is the main philosophy for corporate PR and it involves a strong strategy and a wide range of tactics to be used in order to implement it. It is often seen as the quieter part of PR, since it operates more “behind the scenes”. PR campaigns are more forward facing and visible, but they need to be supported by their more “technical twin” – the reputation management.
Considering the actual communicational environment, the reputation management is conducted in two major channels:
- ONLINE (ORM – Online Reputation Management) – it is often focused on managing the reputation of the products and/or services offered by the company, but it also leads to important results regarding the general image of the entity. Among the techniques it involves, we could mention:
- Social media management
- Online content management – articles/ comments/ references to the company
- Media relations management, as well as managing the relationship with bloggers, vloggers and other influencers
- OFFLINE – as important as the role of the online might be, one cannot ignore the importance of the offline entities, who`s perception about the company is of crucial importance. Offline reputation management involves a few imperative steps:
- Brief analyses o the company`s image issues (or risks)
- Identifying those stakeholders that are important for the managed entity
- Analyzing the relation that the company has with the identified stakeholders
There are various instruments that can be used in managing a company`s reputation offline, and they are basically the classic PR tools:
- Media relations
- Press releases
- CSR programs
- Partnerships etc.
We could go on with technical aspects, but we know that what you really care about is results. You want your business to be prosperous and to have a clean image that you can be proud of. All you need to do is make sure that you do the job well, and we`ll make sure the world finds out and appreciates this about you!